Thursday, December 20, 2018

Author Interview: Sarah Holman {12 Days of Christmas}

Christmas is drawing nearer and nearer!  And as the day looms closer, I'm here with another author interview—this time with the talented Sarah Holman!  Sarah has written two Christmas stories, Distorted Glass and For My Good.


About Sarah:


Sarah Holman is a not so typical mid-twenties girl: A homeschool graduate, sister to six awesome siblings, and author of many published books and short stories. If there is anything adventuresome about her life, it is because she serves a God with a destiny bigger than anything she could have imagined.
You can connect with her at her website, The Destiny of One.

What inspired you to write Christmas stories?
I love the season and I love Christmas stories. While I like a fluffy Christmas story as much as anyone, I know that Christmas can be a hard time for people. I wanted to write Christmas stories that gave hope to people who were hurting.  


Which of your Christmas books is your favorite, and why?

That's hard to choose. However, I suppose "For My Good," because I enjoyed the action and I loved showing something I've learned from my one life: God uses hard things for our good. Christmas can come with the expectation of all things working out perfectly. Sometimes, we need reminders when things don't go right, God still has gifts for us.






It is Christmas time, but nothing is like it is supposed to be. Can a chance encounter help Janet to find joy and meaning despite her pain?



What inspired you to write For My Good?

I knew young people whose parents had divorced. I was thinking about it one day and started writing. This story came out. 


What aspect of Christmas is your favorite to write about?

I love all the decorations and songs I get to include. It's so much fun to decorate my books, so to speak. It's also great because it's easy for readers to picture it in their mind.


Did you write both of your Christmas books during the Christmas season, or all year round?

I normally start writing them in the summer. It's pretty funny to be writing about cold weather and Christmas when Texas is hitting between 90 and 100 degrees, but that's often how it works. 


What is one thing that you want all your readers to get out of your Christmas books?
That we serve a God of hope. He came as a baby, in the middle of a chaotic time, to offer us hope for the future.



Thank you for joining us, Sarah!
I'll be back tomorrow with twenty Christmas story prompts!


Click the image to be redirected to Faith's blog

1 comment:

Follow Our Blog