Friday, November 9, 2018

NaNo Challenge

We're right in the middle of National Novel Writing Month, the time of the year which every author dreads, yet looks forward to with great anticipation.  So we're here to add a bit more enjoyment to your month with a writing challenge!  This is geared more toward NaNo participators, but it's open to anyone with a work-in-progress! 



How to participate: Don't worry, no extra writing required!  Simply copy/paste a snippet from your current WIP into the form on the contact page.  Make sure it's no longer than approx. 800 words.

Judging: This is a readers' choice contest, so don't send in anything you don't want open to the public.  Everyone will be able to pick their favorite snippet.

Prize: Yes, there will be a prize!  The winner will receive a promotional graphic for their project.

You have until Wednesday, November 21st to send in your writing.

Let the fun begin!

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun!!!! How do I submit my writing? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're participating! Simply go to our contact page, and use the form there to send in your snippet.

      Delete
  2. I did it! *wipes brow* Scary, but I forced myself. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I kind of feel silly asking, but what exactly is a promotional graphic??
    Thanks!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel silly - it's a good question! ;) A promotional graphic is a picture that you can use to advertise. These are used a lot for book releaseS, and they can have a book title, quotes, author info... You name it! If you'd like to see a couple of promo graphics that I've made for reference, you can check them out on the graphic design page. :)

      Delete
    2. Ok thanks!!! I think I'll send in a snippet of my currant WIP! That's all you need to enter, right?

      Delete
    3. I totally forgot to send in my snippet! Is today the last day, or did it end yesterday??
      -Brooklyne

      Delete
    4. You're just in time - today is the last day!

      Delete
    5. Awesome! :D It might be my internet, but I don't see a contact form in your contact page, how would you like me to sent it to you? Thanks!
      -Brooklyne

      Delete
    6. Hmm... It shows up on my end, but it does take awhile with slow internet. You can send it to insideoutdesignsks[at]gmail[dot]com.

      Delete
    7. My internet has been giving me problems lately, Thank you! I will get my snippet to you ASAP! :)

      Delete

Follow Our Blog