Friday, November 2, 2018

Book Cover Challenge—Part 2

Time for part 2 of our cover challenge!  Thanks again to everyone who participated!

On a side note, I'd like to once more say that these covers will not be used for anything or any books.  However, if you would like to purchase one for our cover price, send us an email and we can work something out!



My Goodbye Summer


Once again, our first cover today is by Jesseca!  I just love the golden sunlight with the silhouette reflecting on the water.  Reminds me so much of summer.  Plus, the accents at the bottom add perfect texture.


Mercy Opens my Eyes


As I made this cover, my brother looked over my shoulder and said, "that doesn't look like eyes."  I think he missed the point.  This was probably one of the hardest covers to create, because the title didn't even give me a plot line to go with.  So after much searching, I found this picture and fell in love with it.  (Yes, it's totally possible for a graphic designer to fall in love with a picture.)


The Mystery of the China Doll


One of the biggest blessings, yet biggest curses, of a graphic designer, is that sometimes we know exactly what we want the cover to look like, and therefore, exactly what picture we want.  Well, in this case, I knew what I wanted—the blessing.  The curse?  Not being able to find the picture I wanted anywhere!  So I had to resort to taking my own picture.  I was actually quite impressed with my photoshop skills.


The October Horse


I actually had the photo for this one stored away in my stash, knowing it was one that I would definitely use someday.  And I couldn't be more thrilled with the way the colors worked with the title!  And we can't forget to admire the fonts, of course.


Sunflower Smiles


As is probably obvious by the design of the website, I love sunflowers.  So when Jesseca told me she would do this one, I was super excited to see what she'd come up with.  I wasn't disappointed!  The colors and fonts came together so nicely, I couldn't help but smile!


Waiting for Percy


This one though... what I had in mind at first was a romantic spin.  But after I created a cover and wasn't happy with it at all, my mind wandered to other aspects.  And when I found this photo, I knew I couldn't pass it up.


When Will the Storm Come?


Ahhh, I just love this one so much!  This is another picture I had stashed away, and as soon as I saw the title, I knew that this was the one I wanted.  Plus, I experimented with a new-to-me photo editing site, and it turned out amazingly.  The fonts just... yes.  So much yes.


Why Me?


Last but not least is another of the hardest ones.  I tried something new with the border, and I think it turned out really well!  The colors of the sky, plus the light filtering through the strands of hair, add an aesthetic feel to the cover.


What do you think?  Did you like these as much as the ones from last week?  Which was your favorite?

4 comments:

  1. You girls are so talented! Waiting for Percy was so amazing! To be honest, I haven't seen a cover from y'all I haven't liked! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is Waiting for Percy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely... *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all beautiful! I think my favorite is probably My Goodbye Summer, but I also really liked The October Horse! Amazing job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Our Blog